.22 Caliber Conversion Kit for the 1858 Remington New Model Army .44
- Fire .22 Cartridges from your Cap & Ball revolvers
- Instantly converts your Cap & Ball to .22 Rimfire
- Convert from Cap & Ball by just slipping in the .22 Kit
- 2-3/8" barrel adapter is accurate at 50 foot target range
- Shoot more for less money, make loading easier and faster
- Pays for itself in the money you save in ammunition cost
- Switch back to Cap & Ball by reinstalling the original cylinder
- Place the hammer to the half-cocked position and remove the percussion cylinder.
- Insert the .22 Rimfire Barrel Adapter into the breach of the revolver barrel.
- Load the cylinder with 5 cartridges, then place the Konverter&trad; Ring on top of the cylinder and carefully install the Kirst Konverter™ assembly in the revolver with the firing pin at the 12 o'clock position, in-line with the hammer.
- Align the empty chamber under the hammer and carefully let the hammer down on the empty chamber for safety.
- Always carry the revolver with the hammer down on an empty chamber.
Minor fitting may be needed, detailed instructions included with each kit.